Mera Maan was contracted for the development of a business plan for a commercially viable IHT, and the capacity building of the organization and its staff. The ‘Project RANG, Developing Artisanal Livelihoods in Rural Pakistan’, aimed to assist an estimated 2,700 vulnerable artisan families at the bottom of the pyramid to help them rebuild their lives and access sustainable livelihoods through establishing their own artisan institutions, design artisan specific products and develop innovative strategies and brand to market their products. The project benefited an overall population of about 18,200 individuals. As a result of project interventions, a 20% percent increase was realized in the income of at least 50% of beneficiary artisan families.
A) Strategic planning workshop, business plans including business plan implementation strategy, communications, and partnership strategy, fund-raising strategy at IHT and CFC level.
B) Under the Project RANG planning capacity building workshops for 66 artisans from Sindh and south Punjab. TNA and design of the handbook on Business planning for IHT Artisans Cluster Enterprises for Sindh and Punjab.
C) Under the Project RANG two-day business plan orientation and training execution of staff and selective artisans from Sindh and south Punjab. Design of a session plan including the resource material of the session & training of participant.
Project activities included the following:
· Inception Report;
· Strategic planning workshop;
· Business plan of IHT, which includes, business plan implementation strategy, communication and partnership strategy, fundraising strategy at IHT & CFC level;
· Training needs assessment and design of a training module on Business planning for IHT Artisans Cluster Enterprises for Sindh & Punjab;
· Two-day Business plan orientation and training execution of staff and Selective Artisans;
· Design of a session plan including the resource material of the session training of participant;
· Submission of a final report of the session with pictures and attendance sheet;
· Develop of IEC material, stationery, banners & certificates; and
· Logistics for residential training, hosting discussions etc.