Client: Indus Heritage Trust (IHT) – World BANK
Date: November 2017 – December 2018
Mera Maan was contracted for the development of a business plan for a commercially viable IHT, and the capacity building of the organization and its staff. The ‘Project RANG, Developing Artisanal Livelihoods in Rural Pakistan’, aimed to assist an estimated 2,700 vulnerable artisan families at the bottom of the pyramid to help them rebuild their lives and access sustainable livelihoods through establishing their own artisan institutions, design artisan specific products and develop innovative strategies and brand to market their products. The project benefited an overall population of about 18,200 individuals. As a result of project interventions, a 20% percent increase was realized in the income of at least 50% of beneficiary artisan families.
Project activities included the following:
- Inception Report
- Strategic planning workshop
- Business plan of IHT, which includes, business plan implementation strategy, communication and partnership strategy, Fund raising strategy at IHT & CFC level
- Training needs assessment and design of a training module on Business planning for IHT Artisans Cluster Enterprises for Sindh & Punjab
- Two days Business plan orientation and training execution of staff and Selective Artisans.
- Design of a session plan including the resource material of the session training of participant
- Submission of a final report of the session with pictures and attendance sheet
- Develop of IEC material, stationery, banners & certificates
Logistics for residential training, hosting discussions etc.