Client: ITA (Idara-e-Taleem-o-Aagahi) and DFID
Date: November 2018 – September 2019 (12 months)
Mera Maan, as a service provider and partner to Idara-e-Taleem-o-Aagahi (ITA), was contracted to implement a segment of their project “Advancing Action for Adolescent Girls (A³G)” crafts interventions for accelerated learning, service delivery and capacity building of out of school and highly marginalized adolescent girls (aged 9-19), for overcoming social and economic barriers through the acquisition of basic education or literacy and numeracy skills, enabling them to transition to a secondary school, gain certified skills for decent work and livelihoods with life skills.
The Purpose and Scope of our Assignment was to work with 18 batches of 20-25 adolescent girls from
Muzaffargarh, Bahawalpur and Rahimyarkhan districts, approximately 150 girls from each of the three districts and:
• Develop an inspirational module that a Trainer would use to train girls on how they may use ICT to, set-up or grow a business, or find work.
• To conduct a 5-day “Yah Daikh Zamana Tera Hay” Enterprise Development Training to impart the following concepts:
1. Basic concepts of enterprise development, including the business cycle, different types of businesses, value chain assessment for various businesses e.g. stitching, beautician, handicrafts, etc, and distinction between various types of entrepreneurship (income generation, self-employment and entrepreneurship)
2. Designing a social innovation hub (common production and sales facilities)
3. Use of Information, Communication and Technology (ICT)
4. Introduction to the GALS (the world-renowned Gender Action Learning System) which will allow the girls to undertake a simple, but effective strategic planning exercise in terms of where they would like to be five years from now, what their dreams will be for self, business and the family.
5. Assessing and enhancing personal entrepreneurial competencies through exercises
6. Setting up a business (feasibility study, business plan, costing and pricing, marketing, managing seasons, bookkeeping)