Training for Capacity Building Initiative under EYEE (Empowering Youth for Employment and Entrepreneurship
Client: VSO and Indus Consortium
Date: 2 Months February, 2018
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) has been in Pakistan for 28 years. Its National Youth Volunteering programme, formalizes youth’s involvement in the development process. VSO develops young people’s skills, confidence and employability through youth volunteering programmes which foster collective action on the issues young people care most about. The organization has ventured in southern Punjab to establish a youth network focused on entrepreneurship and employability. In order to set strategic directions and build capacities to move towards those directions, a three days, residential training workshop in Islamabad was organized for the network members, under an agreement between VSO and Mera Maan. The core task was to initiate the formation and strengthening of a Youth Employability Network (YEN) with the mandate to Empower Youth for Employment and Entrepreneurship.
The aim was to strengthen the formation of YEN, and facilitate them to develop a strategic vision, a detailed 2-year strategic plan, and a step by step implementation plan for piloting a program in Multan, Punjab.
Project activities included the following:
- Training needs assessment, design and conduct of a residential training of Youth Employability Network (YEN) at Islamabad.
- Conduct of a 1 day training at Multan
- Design of a Trainer’s Training Manual on youth employability in English with reading material and other resources as audio and video in local language.
- Design of a session plan including the resource material of the session training of participant
- Submission of a final report of the session with pictures and attendance sheet
Provision of board & lodge for the 3-day Training of YEN including accommodation, food and IEC material & stationary & banner & certificates