Synopsis:Mera Maan Pvt Ltd was contracted by WaterAid Pakistan (WAP) to develop comprehensive training modules for Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) and the Clean Green School Programme (CGSP). These modules aimed to educate female students in government schools on safe MHM practices, and promote environmentally-friendly initiatives within schools respectively. In 2018, the MHM module was successfully rolled out to all secondary girls’ schools in Islamabad through the Federal Directorate of Education (FDE). In 2019, Mera Maan launched the CGSP module, with FDE’s support, in 430 schools in Islamabad, encompassing four core components of the Clean Green Pakistan Movement. To further scale up the MHM and CGSP campaigns, additional Training of Trainer (TOT) programs were delivered in 2021 wherein six 3-day TOT workshops for 60 Focal Teachers from 30 schools on MHM and seven 2-day TOT workshops for 150 teachers on the CGSP module were arranged. Each TOT concluded with the development of a training cascade plan for the respective schools.
Narrative of the Project Description:
Background:WaterAid Pakistan (WAP) and Mera Maan Pvt Ltd collaborated on a notable achievement by developing a comprehensive national-level training material aimed at educating female students in government schools on safe and dignified Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM). This initiative was rolled out successfully in 2018, in collaboration with the Federal Directorate of Education (FDE), across all secondary girls’ schools in Islamabad. Following the success of the MHM module, in 2019, Mera Maan, with support from FDE, designed and implemented the Clean Green School Programme (CGSP). The CGSP focused on promoting four core components of the Clean Green Pakistan Movement within schools, fostering environmental responsibility and sustainable practices.
Objectives:– Develop interactive modules for teachers and students on MHM and CGSP.
– Develop agenda, presentations, handouts, evaluation, and other required tools for the MHM and CGSP TOT workshops.
– Conduct interactive and effective training of trainers for Focal Teachers to enable them to support MHM activities and implement the CGSP in their schools.
– Provide logistics support for all workshops, including per diem, meals, stationery, and other necessary arrangements.
– Generate comprehensive training reports with annexes.
– Assist in finalizing school-level cascading plans developed by the Focal Teachers.